Aravind, who has a Master’s degree in Kannada literature to his credit, comes from a family with a strong artistic background of 3 generations. Begin no exception he started his theatre journey at a tender age of 9.
Aravind has more than 2 decades of experience in theatre. He has been closely associated with legendary theatre artist Padmashri Dr B Jayashree (Alumni of NSD, granddaughter of Gubbi Veeranna) and has excelled in every aspect of theatre.
He started his first step towards film making under the guidance of his mentor, G S Bhaskar by working with him in 2 short films made for an NGO.
Aravind wanted to reach out his creative ideas to a larger crowd, which he thought can be done through films. That’s when he decided to join the most renowned film institute in India, “The L.V. Prasad film and TV academy”.
Work Experience :
- After completing his Post graduation diploma at L V Prasad, he worked with the renowned Actor, Director Prakash Raj in his multi lingual movie. The movie is titled as “Oggarane” in Kannada for which he was the co-director and also wrote the dialogues.
- Worked with B Suresh, who is also an eminent director in Kannada industry. DevaraNadalli ; he has written the story, screenplay and also worked as the co-director.
- He has assisted Yograj Bhat in screenplay.
- He has acted in one of the main role and also worked as the co – director for Prakash raj’s bilingual movie EDOLLE RAMAYANA.
- After the success of Oggarne he again worked with Prakash Raj as Co- director for the hindi version of Oggarne – Tadka ,staring Nana Patekar.
- “ Kavya Kannadi ” is is an intiative taken by Ninasam ( A well known Theatre institute in Karanataka) to reach out Kannada literature to the next generation.The Recent project which was under taken is the poetry’s of some of the prominent poet’s of Kannda literature. Aravind was one among the few choosen once to Direct/ interpretate the poetry. This was screened on October 12th 2016 at the culture festival which happens at Ninasam and bagged lots of positive appertiation for his interpretation of Da.Raa.Bendre poem – Putta Vidhave.
- He has done Corporate videos for Bosch, JSW Jindal, Ethnus and other companies.
He has bagged awards for his project Amoortha , which he shot as a part of his course at L V Prasad Film & TV academy .
- Best Director – Pune International Film Festival 2014
- Best Short Film – 4th Dada Sahab Palke Film Fsetival 2014
- Special Jury Award – Chennai International film festival 2014
- The Short film was also screened at Behind the lines, Between the lines – International film festival, Organized by U S consulate.